Monday, March 9, 2015

What are you willing to sacrifice for a friend?

Sacrifice....means giving more than is possible to give. 

I am finding that friendships call for much sacrifice. The problem is not everyone sees this. What they desire are friends, but only on a superficial level...a friend who doesn't require a lot of work; one who listens but not answer or give their own advice; a friend who will be a "yes man" kind of friend.
For me, a having a friend means that I have to sacrifice even when I don't feel like sacrificing at all. Having a friend means you do listen, but listen with an open and loving heart. Having a friend means you do listen but you also get to speak. Having a friend means that you are different and accepted for just who you are...even when you are not in agreement with your friend. Having a friend means you give. You give your time, your ear, and your heart. Having a friend means you are there for them, no matter the time or inconvenience, and that they are doing the same for you! There are going to be trials and problems....but friendship is work! But all those trials and problems crate a friendship that is strong and built to last...if all are honest and open and loving in the truth!
Friendship is a sacrifice! Don't take it for granted! Our greatest friend sacrificed His life for us! How much more should we sacrifice.....

My heart is truly heavy. I feel the pain and see the heartaches of each of my friends. I pray. No matter how much I am hurting personally....it isn't about me. It is about those whom I love...those who I will sacrifice for...those who I love and call friends. I pray they would turn their focus on Him...turn their eyes toward Him...nothing is greater than having Jesus as your friend,; your comforter; your guide through the troubles!

I don't want to give up on my friends. I want to keep giving, keep sacrificing for them.......I want to be a friend like Jesus! My goal for this year....to be an encouragement to my friends, to love them as He loves them, to pray for them without ceasing.....and to have the courage to walk away from them when it becomes necessary.....
I don't want to give up on my friends....am I willing to sacrifice for them?   Yes!!

So what are YOU willing to sacrifice for a friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment