Monday, March 23, 2015

Perspective and focus.

I think the two go hand in hand. Perspective is how you view things in your life, about your life, and about yourself and where you are headed. Focus is the view you choose.


Lately, God is changing my perspective because I have chosen to focus on Him. And because I have chosen to focus on Him, He is changing my perspective.
He is changing how I view others and how I view myself. He is changing how I view my relationships with others and with Him. 

He brings things into focus through His Word and through people. Lately, for me, it has been the basis of one verse....

" Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Philippians 4:8

This is where I need to keep my focus and turn my perspective towards. It has moved me to think about the everyday things that I do and say and are they what He wants from me. Is all that I do truly praiseworthy? Am I being the light? Am I encouraging rather than complaining?
Needless to say, God has taken one verse (and has given me several more) that has changed my perspective and my focus. I am not the person I wish to be. That being said, I am becoming that person I wish to be. 

So instead of viewing things from my perspective....I am going to view things from the perspective of what God wants. No more complaining. (I am going to work on this one!) To encourage, to love, to build up. I will think upon what  is true, what is noble, right, pure, lovely, and admirable. I will think about excellence and praiseworthy from His perspective and make sure my focus is towards Him.
I will forgive. Not look back at the past. A friend told me something that has truly stuck with me; "when you are finally home in heaven, will what happened here matter?"  So no looking back at the past hurts and sorrows...in the end what matters is what I have done for Him. So I will forgive and keep my focus.

For me now, this is what I need to do. To be the light. To be an encourager. To be a warrior of prayer. To be a woman of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment