Monday, August 18, 2014

Michelangelo's depiction of the creation of Adam on the Sistine Chapel. You can see God touching the finger of Adam...connection. Yet, Michelangelo missed so much more of God's hand in the creation of mankind. The bigger connection....God Himself creating man with His hands from the dust of the earth and breathing His very own breath into man to give Him life. That is the connection. We are forever linked to God by this connection. We are created in His image. We are created by Him and of Him. We are connected to Him.

And somehow, man has tried everything to sever this connection. Man listened to Satan in the garden of Eden and it hasn't stopped. Man still is listening to the deceiver. Man takes advantage of his use of free will and in the end it will become his demise.

Then, Christ came from heaven. Once again, God made that physical connection. He came as man. He came as a sacrifice to save man from his own demise...to save man forever. All we have to do is believe.

I have tried to think back of that moment when I began my life with Him...that moment I believed. I cannot remember anything about it. I remember a small piece of my baptism...(the pastor dropped me!) so if I cannot remember, was any of it genuine? That moment was over 38 years ago and I seem no further in my walk with Him than I was at the beginning. Was it real? Did that moment connect me to Him eternally? I question my belief! I question everything.

God breathed into Adam the breath of life...I was born thousands of years beyond that moment...I was a process of that moment...the natural order of things...did God breath into me His breath or was I just a production of that moment? I was created in the womb not of the dust of the earth by the very hand of God. Then I remember Psalm 139....God knitted me together in my mother's womb...He took the time to form me...He took His time...made in His image. I am fearfully and wonderfully made! 

That connection God made with Adam...formed from the earth...breath of God into man...formed by God's hands and it was "very good". That same connection is made with me. He has formed me, He has given me His breath of life, He has touched me...finger to finger...heart to heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment