Friday, August 29, 2014

Forgiveness...given to man by God through the blood of His Son, Jesus Christ. 

Forgiveness...the hardest thing for man to give to one another.

Stepping out in faith, believing that God has forgiven me, asking forgiveness from friends and family for the sins committed...it is one of the most difficult things to do. But it is also one of the most freeing things you can do to improve your relationship with God.

I think sometimes that when someone comes to us and ask for forgiveness...we say we forgive them...but it is only in word that we forgive.
We cannot forgive them in our hearts and soul. We cannot forget the wrong. We hold on to that hurt, to that injustice. It is easier to say it and shove the rest of it under the rug. We choose to ignore God's word we should forgive just as He forgave us.

I have been one of those people. But I cannot continue like that. I have forgiven. I am moving forward. I cannot repair the bridges burned because others do not want to amend and help right the wrongs. They do not forgive. They hold on to the past...they don't give second chances. It is sad. And I knew that this could happen...I just didn't realize how much it would hurt. They keep me in the past and in the wrong I have done. I have asked for forgiveness...I can do no more...I have and will continue to right my wrongs but I will not continue to dwell in the past. I can't. I will not survive!

I put on this face that says I am okay because people cannot handle the truth, the honest, gritty, dirty, and ugly truth that is me. But I am coming to realize...God sees the real me and He loves me anyway. He loves me so much that He came to earth and took the form of man...He loves me so much that He died for me so I could live...He loves me so much that despite all my faults, my ugliness, and my sinfulness...He pursues me and He forgives me. He makes me new. He keeps me moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment