Friday, January 30, 2015

Dandelions, a Weed of Distinction.

The dandelion is a weed...a nuisance to many people but I sort of like them. They bring back great memories of my childhood. I can remember sitting in a field full of dandelions in various stages of growth....from little buds to the puffy yellow balls and finally the fairy-like white puff balls. I remember taking the white puff balls and blowing the little "umbrella" seeds away into the wind. The seeds danced and floated in the wind...being taken wherever the wind blew. Truly magical to a child.

However, for the adult, we know that those seeds would propagate those seeds all over the place!
Wherever the wind blew those tiny umbrella-like seeds and wherever they landed, there was bound to be another field (or a lawn) full of dandelions.

But as I watch those seeds dance in the wind now as an adult, I can still sense the magic of the dancing seeds in the wind.
Just as the dandelion releases its seeds into the wind...it lets go of what it was...so I too can let go. I just have to let the past go; who I was is not who I am going to be. I just need to let all those hurts and mistakes go... to fly away in the winds of change...to let go of what I was.

The dandelion is truly an amazing little plant. It is self-propagating. All it needs is the wind to push its seeds to another field. It creates itself over and over and ensures its existence for future generations.

A thing to ponder...what if I were like the dandelion? What if I were let my faith be self-propagating? What if I allowed the "wind" of the Spirit to push my seeds of faith to another person? Imagine the result....faith that has ensured growth and eternal existence!

I think the dandelion is a weed of great distinction....it has taught me to let go of my past and to let the wind take my seeds of faith to the fields of life.

Time to let the wind blow....to watch the tiny umbrella-like seeds float and dance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment