Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Every day is a new beginning. Take a deep breath and start again.



A new year is upon us and so begins the resolutions for us to change. However, each and every day is a new beginning.
A moment for us to start anew.
But with the changing of the new year, it does bring up our short-comings to the forefront and gives us the opportunity to  make an immediate changes, to make resolutions. For myself, I have decided not to make any resolutions. Resolutions can easily be broken. Therefore,  I have decided to make commitments to the Lord...to give my word to Him to make the changes necessary to live the life He has called me to live.
I have a created a list of changes that need to be made and wrote them in a letter to God as my commitment to Him. A promise that these changes will be at the forefront of my mind throughout each day of the coming year.
I realize that this is a tall order and may seem drastic but the time is now to step out of the boat and onto the water. No more wishy-washy resolutions, no more half-hearted commitments, no more selfishness and placing God second in my life.
He is my Lord and Saviour. I need to act like it.

Take a deep breath and start again. Grace allows us to do that every day.
And I am going to take each and every day to start anew and begin again.
I am taking a deep breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment