Saturday, October 4, 2014

I have to marvel at the steps taken in this journey. I have found God in everything and every step of this journey. 

If I just sit and listen...I am truly overwhelmed by His majesty and glory. And to be overwhelmed by God is the hardest and most beautiful thing that can happen to a person. My limited mind cannot process all that He is...and that He shares even a small part with me...it is far beyond my imagination and conception and understanding. It is no wonder that I am overwhelmed!!

The last few weeks, I have been spending some time with Him. Oh, I pray and I have found that sometimes it is a list of requests...but to spend time with Him....to listen...to absorb all that He wants to tell us through His word and through the Spirit...there is a sense of awe and wonder and fear. I am learning to have a relationship with God! Think of how astounding that is...that we as a small mass of atoms, insignificant in the big picture....God wants a relationship with us!! He lavishes us with His love and goodness....is it no wonder the powerful sense of being overwhelmed is felt!

Each day, He has given me a little nugget of wisdom to take me one more step towards Him. The things I have learned...for the first time in a very long time...my vision is clearer...and it all points to Him! I realize I have a long way to go on this journey and I know that there will be a lot more mistakes and moments of failure...but there is also going to be moments of glory and praise and joy!! I am in His arms for eternity and I am overwhelmed by the enormity of Him and His love for me and for the relationship I am building with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment