Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Seasons are a sign that everything in nature is in a change...always moving from one point to another.

So I wonder why we resist change so much. It is for our benefit to change. Change means growth.

Take a look at nature. In the spring, a season of new birth...a moment to begin. In the summer, a season of growth...building deep roots and flourishing fruit. In the autumn, a time for harvest...to glean the bounty of growth. In the winter, it is a time of rest; of sleep, and unfortunately for some, death. But the spring returns...a season of birth...a moment to begin again.

So if nature accepts and embraces change, then why can't we? I am finding that I do not mind change. For me, it means I am growing. I can have that moment of spring to begin again. I cherish the summer for it means I am building deep roots of faith and flourishing fruit of the Spirit and in the summer heat, this can be a sacrifice. The autumn is my time to harvest...to glean the fields! And for me, winter is my time of rest. Look at the seasons of change in your life as an entire cycle, not just that one season. Some stay in the same season for a long time and that is okay. Know that there will be a change of season.

Seasons are change. Embracing the change...responding to the change, the season of life, will dictate how quickly or slowly the season changes. Have you learned what you needed in this season? Have you embraced the change?

I love the changing of the seasons...it is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment